In the first two years of funding, the VAPA Foundation has achieved the following through the VAPA Enhancement Awards Program:
- Awarded $35,000 to create enhanced arts education projects at SDUSD schools
- 33 Teachers at SDUSD have received awards
- 2,700 SDUSD students have been directly served through the projects that include interactive field trips/workshops, artist residencies, professional development for teachers, and the purchase of non-consumable materials, equipment and musical instruments for any arts discipline.
Other programs supported by the VAPA Foundation include:
- Fall Fiddle Fest – teaching artists work with students in every performance level for a delightful afternoon of fiddle music!
- Mural Mentoring – artists work with schools to turn blank walls into works of art to beautify their campus and neighborhood.
- Spring Honor Concerts – instrumental concerts for elementary through high school and an honor choir concert.
- Cluster Arts Festivals – spring celebration of visual arts, music, dance and theatre.
Watch Our Enhancement Program 2018/2019 Video
VAPA Enhancement Program 2019/2020
We are pleased to announce the 2019/2020 VAPA Program Recipients.
VAPA Enhancement Program 2018/2019
We are pleased to announce the 2018/2019 VAPA Program Recipients.
VAPA Enhancement Program 2017/2018
We are pleased to announce the 2017/2018 VAPA Program Recipients.