VAPA Foundation to Hold Third Annual Spotlight Benefit
“Beyond Brilliance” on April 10
Event will honor Pradeep Khosla, Chancellor of the University of California San Diego
San Diego, CA — The VAPA Foundation, whose mission is to enhance the quality of access to arts education in the San Diego Unified School District, will hold its third annual Spotlight benefit event, Beyond Brilliance, on April 10.
- 4 pm prelude VIP reception: cocktail and champagne toast at the JAI.
- 5 pm overture: welcome reception: cocktails and bountiful fare, pop up performances in the courtyard
- 6 pm spotlight: the production featuring musical and theatical performances by highly gifted SDUSD student artists at the Baker-Baum Concert Hall
- 7 pm ovations: dolci & divertimenti involving lots of jazz, sweets,and treats galore
The first of its kind event, co-chaired by Doreen Schonbrun and Phyllis Epstein, will be held at The Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center and will honor Pradeep Khosla, Chancellor of the University of California San Diego and VAPA’S leading sponsor. Khosla will be honored for his support and partnership on many levels, including helping with the training of teachers
- Which includes providing services to teachers in curriculum and instructions, professional development and community collaboration.
- In addition, we have formed a partnership with UCSD which will enable students to perform on the UCSD campus and their new craft center is training many of arts teachers.
The event will include a patron cocktail reception, tempting culinary bites and drinks, pop-up entertainment, magnificent performances, and a live auction in the Baker Baum Concert Hall. Decadent desserts, drinks and live jazz will also be served in the JAI.
- Live auction*
- Creative, colorful attire welcome
- Valet parking available
- Cocktails and bountiful fare prepared by SDUSD culinary arts students mentored by Giuseppe Ciuffa
Tickets at $100, $200, and $350 levels
Sponsorship starts at $2,500
The purpose of the VAPA Foundation is to enhance the quality of and access to arts education in the San Diego Unified School District through its numerous programs, including the VAPA Enhancement Program, honor concerts, recognitions, collaborations and targeting needs. For more information, visit https://vapafoundation.org/.